16 January 2007

Rock, Chalk, I Love 24.



Some observations based on my Monday night:


First off, has anyone ever noticed how big the Jayhawk at center court at KU's Allen Fieldhouse is? It's enormous and quite frankly, it's a little on the scary side. That's definitely an advantage for KU. I watched the border war game with Mizzou last night, and a few things were very impressive: Sherron Collins can play, and he picked a hell of a game to showcase that very fact. Also, Allen Fieldhouse is LOUD AS FUCK and that was apparent as ever last night. I was watching it with La and she remarked how loud it was at the game. Know that we had the sound down pretty low and we watch a lot of sporting events, so to make this observation is saying something. Anyway, it's nice to see the Jayhawks back in national prominence since the departure of Roy and the arrival of Self. Well, legit prominence, let's say. They are playing and looking like a top 5 team. Hey, when did JR Giddens transfer to New Mexico?


Second, I have to thank Carl for getting me on the 24 bandwagon. I admit that I wasn't on it before this season for whatever reason but now I'm pissed that I didn't start watching it until now. The truth is, I got hooked on Alias when it came out and there wasn't room in my life for two life-altering TV dramas. So I never paid any mind to 24. And shame on me. On a related side note, is it weird that I kind of wanted Ahmed to kill the kid last night? I mean, the kid didn't even look scared when Ahmed had him get on his knees for execution; he looked borderline annoyed at the demand. But I guess his Dad got nuked, so all is well. I really want to know what's up with Jack's hand. Is that dry skin?


Third, I'm just bubbling over with excitement about the AFC Championship game. Yes, I'm thrilled that the Pats are in it and all, but I just can't wait for this game, this matchup...this rivalry. This is fucking storybook shit right here. We, as Patriot fans, could never have asked for anything else to happen this year. We took down the best team in the NFL and now we have a date with the hated Colts...the two best QB's in the world are facing each other AGAIN. Belichick will surely uncork another genius scheme for this game and oh, how fun it will be to see another Manning complain and put his hands on his hips? I think this will be a close game and I think it will be wildly entertaining to watch. And I know that whichever team wins this game also wins Superbowl XLI.


Stay tuned tomorrow for a full recap of Centerfolds 5th Anniversary Party this evening.


Cheerio.

2 comments:

Jum said...

Hey speaking of bandwagons I am here to officially welcome you aboard KU's wagon if you have the desire. the fact that you are already a sox fan helps; the jayhawks are essentially the sox of college ball the last 20 years, and you could handle the torture better than most. Haven't heard you talk much about college hoops so i don't know if you have a team. as far as crowd noise goes, i think the only college arena better is duke, which kind of goes without saying. and giddens transferred after he and some buddies tried to jump some dude outside a bar, and ended up getting knifed. he sucked anyway.

Charles said...

College team...well, my team is Umass, but let's be honest here. They haven't given me anything to cheer about since since Camby/Padilla/Travieso. They are making noise in the A-10 this year, however.

I've always been a behind-the-scenes Jayhawk fan. I loved Keith Langford, and of course Paul Pierce. I also had a lot love for Jacques Vaughn...moreso because of his name though. But every time I'm at a C's game and someone has the PP Kansas jersey on, I go crazy. Such a sick jersey.