03 January 2007

Albert Should Be In The Can, Part II

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2718365

11/15/06...I wrote the first part of my Haynesworth Hate story. Here's part two. I wish the man could have saved some face (no pun intended) over the last few months, potentially doing something in the way of buying Gurode a car or a really expensive hooker. Alas, he went to a therapist--a former NFL player--who showed him that he has to release his anger ON THE FIELD. Jesus, what a fucking concept. This story from ESPN.com today made me want to stomp somebody's face. How about that? You think I did? Damn right I didn't. I don't have cleats on.

Haynesworth's reasoning: Gurode tried to cutblock me. He tried to end my career. He made fun of me. He said a bad word in my direction. WAKE UP ALBERT. You play in the NFL! It's not a powderpuff league where players strive for the annual Good Sport Award. It's a dirty game, right? A game where, like the therapist told you, it's legal to mash some dude's ribs. It's legal to break someone's fucking arm, for the most part. It's just not kosher to pretend another player's face is an ant on the ground...especially one with his helmet OFF.

"It was almost in slow motion, a flash," he says. "There was no crowd noise.
There was nothing. I had to lose it. I just had to."

He just had to do it. Next time I'm at a bar and some dude looks at La French like he wants a little dessert, i'm going to approach him, sweep his leg and promptly jump up and down on his face. Then I'm gonna say that I just had to do it. I had to lose it. Then I'd be thrown in jail for a few years and WHAM!, no more La French for me. Or anything else for a while, for that matter.

Just read that article about this man's journey to find out what his problem is. Try not to buy a ticket to Nashville afterwards, and try not to bring a gun with you to Nashville if you go and definitely try not to look Albert up. You'll read about other men in the league who retaliated, even big 'ol Richard Seymour who stomped Tarik Glenn's head. But all of these other tales of retaliation involved padded or helmeted players. Simple as that. This article states that Haynesworth saw the unhelmeted Gurode as an opportunity. That's saying something.

No comments: