29 November 2006

Save it, Silverman


Russell, thanks for sending this along: (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15924950/)


I encourage all of you to read this article about Tony Romo when you get a second. My favorite part of this is when Silverman talks about Romo being allegedly linked to Jessica Simpson. Way to go, Ton'. Clearly you've made it in this league if you can claim to mentioned in the same breath with a fucking slow-witted imbecile. (ok, ok...she is hot. Maybe even super hot, but that show Newlyweds ruined it for me. She's too fucking dumb. And you watched it, too, so shut it.) Also, when you jumble the letters in Romo's full name, you get TOY MORON. I guess he's a perfect fit with Jessica Simpson.


So he's the next Tom Brady? Mhm. This is what they've been saying on analysis shows and such. I won't be comfortable with this comparison until Mr. Romo wins a few Superbowls (with an MVP in there), breaks the Pats winning streak and has people talking about another Dallas Dynasty, all before the age of...oh wait, he can't. He's already 26, and Brady had all of this accomplished by the age of 28.


I have nothing against Tony Romo and I wish him all the luck in the world. In fact, I like the Cowboys because I've always liked Parcells and I'm a big Julius Jones fan. But the only comparison that should be made between Brady and Romo right now is that they've both replaced Drew Bledsoe in claiming their starting spot on an NFL roster

4 comments:

richlevine said...

Why you still tippin' on Julius Jones?? I'm Julius Jooooooones!!!

Charles said...

Julius Joooones! Who? Julius Joooones! Who? Julius Jones!

B said...

This guy is a big fan of Mike Joooooooooones. The one from UMaryland and yes, he went to Thayer Academy and from Dorchester or Roxbury or one of those places. Gettin back to Romo, I'd love to see him lead dem' Cowboys to the Superbowl against our boy Tommy and see if he's the real deal. No good?

Charles said...

Mike Jones, UMaryland? #23. I thought you'd add that in there, B. Nice work otherwise.

Back to Romo, he may very well be the real deal and I hope he is. It would be nice to see the Cowboys get back to consistent respectability in the NFL. But until he actually does something significant (beating the Colts doesn't count, so don't start), SCHMEH.