22 February 2007

It's Getting Late...And I'm Tired...

***last night's attempt at clearing my head***

It's fairly late and I can't sleep. I've thought about this tonight...I usually can't sleep, but tonight is a bit different. I can't tell you how many times I redirected my comforter to be exactly where I wanted it to be...how many times I adjusted my boxers...how many sips of water I took to combat my dry mouth. But my mouth wasn't dry. My boxers were in line...balls in the saddle as they should be. I just could not keep my eyes closed and it was really starting to get to me. No cure...but perhaps watching a little SportsCenter could assist. Then again, maybe not.

Oh boy. The Hot Seat. I paid no attention to the Budweiser Hot Seat tonight. I only pictured myself on the Hot Seat. Here's how it went:

Neil Everett: "French, you are now on the Budweiser Hot Seat. First question...did you think the Boston Celtics would be fighting for the top lottery position at this point in the season this year?"

Me: "Oh, f*ck, Neil. I don't..."

Neil: "Okay, and that concludes your time on the Budweiser Hot Seat. Thank you for being a sport."

No comments: