01 December 2006

This One Is Really Not Worth Reading. Seriously.

I'm going to explore the many different ways of telling someone that there's more to what you're saying, but you're not going to go into it fully. To avoid confusion, let's jump right into it.

"...and all that jazz..."- Maybe it's just me, but this phrase coming out of a man's mouth kind of kills me. I don't mind my mom saying it, but it's pretty emasculating. Try it sometime when you're talking to one of your boys and see if he doesn't look at you in a disturbed way, or maybe even hit you.

"...yada, yada, yada..."- This one is fine, but it's not for me. I'm not Jewish. Many of my friends are and it's used fairly frequently around me. I feel like the Jews have the most religion-specific words/phrases that they have jurisdiction over.

"...blah, blah, blah..."- the most logical replacement for the previous. But much like the first one, it's fairly emasculating. Well, I think it's most emasculating if you employ the eye roll along with the phrase. Throw in a flimsy hand motion and that's it.

"...and so on and so forth..."- I like this one second best because I feel it's the most intelligent-sounding of the bunch. That being said, I still don't really use it because I have a favorite that I haven't mentioned yet.

"...and shit..."- This one is clearly the best. It's short, sweet and to the point. It shows that you're not a man who messes around and it demands respect and shit. I highly recommend it.

I'd also like to report on my eventful night of sleep last night. I woke up several times thinking that I was at La French's apartment and it really freaked me out because I would have been alone at her place. Where would she have been if I was there alone? Freaky and shit. I also forgot to set my phone alarm last night, so I did not have the distinct pleasure of being woken up by REO's 'Take It On The Run'. Instead, I snoozed for 90 minutes and had to forego a shower. And I saw a spider on my alarm clock the first time I went to hit snooze. The Uncle knows what I'm talking about when I say that I saw a spider, because this has happened before. The only thing is, it usually happens following a hazy night. And I had no haze last night. What's fucked up about these spiders is that they're flourescent green and I'm too incoherent upon waking to realize that spiders are not the same color as the numbers on my alarm clock. So I spent about 45 seconds this morning trying to 'flick' this spider off of the alarm clock. Needless to say, I failed and I had to wait until he left. Apparently he's afraid of light because as soon as I flipped the light on, he fled the scene. I was very happy about this, and at that point I could carry on with my day of doing nothing, eating greasy food, and so on and so forth. (see? it's a little too formal)

Well, it's Friday and for that I'm sure we're all very thankful. Enjoy it, have a safe one, don't get too drunk, blah, blah, blah. And Tubby, just really get after it tonight. I mean, really just give it to her, would you? Jesus.

A bientot.

No comments: