20 December 2006

Oh, Good Lord!


Vegas was, in a word, forgettable. Listen though, only because I don't have a full recollection of the trip, ok? It was fucking awesome in every way, except for the horrible night I had on Friday. But I'll get to that.


For starters:


Line of the Weekend provided by the incomparable BOF., aka Fornari.


"She's a sober Asian chick. Of course she'll come back."


To put this in context for you, we were at our table at Body English (courtesy of the 'Boys beating Atlanta by 10 and winning us enough to justify the cost of a table at that place) and Fornari was alongside some Asian girl. She disappeared and Fornari was asked if she was gone for the night of if she was coming back. That was the response and it was awesome. Just awesome.


Other memorable events: Richie and Carl telling some girls that I was the gay one in the group and then the girls approaching me to ask if I'm really gay. Did I refute that or not? I can't remember. For record sake, I'm not gay...not that there's anything wrong with that. Another great scene was the waiter the Steakhouse at TI. He was from my hometown and he said something about the blueprint for Nick's Roast Beef. Both Carl and I were blown away by this. Other than that, he was an absolute hack. He said things like "fine selection", and "oh, that's my favorite". Let's see here...don't go to Seamless if you're gonna do the whole strip club thing. The place is pretty JV. Either go to the Rhino or to Sapphire's. But I hear you can get pretty, pretty, pretty close to the genitalia of the strippers at Seamless. Heyooooooooo!


My first full day back from Vegas, I got to play NBA2k7 against Ryan Gomes after the C's practice yesterday and it was incredible. What a cool guy. And I almost beat his ass, but he pulled some computer-assisted shit at the end and won via two PPierce J's in the closing minute. And it has been confirmed that D-West is loony. What an absolute maniac that guy is. Hilarious, but borderline mentally challenged. I also shot around with the new ball, and I didn't think it was too bad. Then again, I'm not playing with 8 hours per day. I took five shots on their practice court: An elbow J, which I drained as my first shot, and four layups. I missed one of the layups, so Doc decided not to invite me back for a legit tryout. Fuck me. But if you ever get the chance to play against an NBA player in a video game, do it. DO IT.

No comments: