31 October 2006

Saude, Jacob

I meant to do this long ago, but I just remembered; so here goes. Congrats on your wedding, Jacob. You see, Jake is the first of all my closest friends from home to succumb to the lovely institution of marriage. Leah is awesome, dude. And she's righteously hot, so right on brother. Thanks for including me and letting me be a part of the ceremony. I think being a groomsman is one of the greatest things that can happen to a guy. You get a sweet gift, hopefully a tight bridesmaid (see Bridesmaids from an earlier entry) and a huge, delicious meal that includes all the booze you can consume in a 10 hour span. It's also my contention that you always have more fun if you're wearing a tux, but then again, I'm weird.

Oh yeah, I thought of another song that brings me to another place. Whenever I hear 'Machinehead' by Bush, it brings me to any Adam Vinatieri kickoff. I would hope that any true Pats fan would agree. However, I was watching some game this weekend--it may have even been college--and they also played this song as the kickoff was happening. It kind of ruined it for me, but hey, who says two kickers can't love the same song? Or maybe neither this dude, nor Vinatieri, actually chose that song at all. I don't know. Forget it.

And cheers to Tom Brady. He constantly reminds me why every other QB in the NFL can get on their respective knees and blow him. Case in point, Sunday's massacre of the Vikings. Viking defenders were quoted as saying that they had no chance in the game because of Brady. Yes, I saw P. Manning on Sunday as well, but as I told my good friend Josh this weekend when he asked me who I would take to start a franchise between the two, Tom Brady is the best in the league, period. He's one of the top 4 or 5 greatest QB's of all time along with Johnny U., Montana, Marino and Grogan. Oops, my bad. I meant Elway.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Make sure you give that O-line some of the credit. They were outstanding on Monday night.

Charles said...

Excellent point; he was uber-protected in that pocket.

Anonymous said...

Just making sure they don't go un-noticed.

Charles said...

It's always refreshing to see Brady individually prop his O-Line after a nice, long drive.