06 October 2006

Nonsense


I was going to use today's blog to write about Deval Patrick, but then I realized that I'm not very well-versed in politics--nor do I want to be. So instead, I am going to write about my camel hair blazer.


This particular blazer offers the comforts of Grandma's knitted blanket that sits at the foot of my bed, while at the same time providing a most appealing business-casual look that when perfected can really seal the deal. Soft to the touch, pleasing on the old eyes, this pick of the litter is a true classic. Some comments I've received thusfar:


"Where's your pipe, asshole? It's jeans day and you show up in a blazer."


"Is that camel hair? Dude, you say you're not gay but how the fuck am I supposed to believe you?"


"Wow, the camel hair? Look at this fuckin' guy." (of course, this one came from the Uncle, aka my roommate. Always good for a solid compliment at 7am)


That's a tasty little mix of the endured verbal assault of the morning that was. If you ask me, this blazer is pretty sweet. I got it for $7 at Savers Consignment in Dedham and it's pretty much brand new. I do, however, have the urge to pour a nice glass of Oban and throw on some old Neil Diamond. Add that very pipe that was mentioned earlier and I'm set for a nice night of solitude. Of course, I can't afford Oban, I don't own any Neil Diamond and the only pipe I own is glass and caked with resin. I'm pretty sure it would ruin the taste of tobacco at this point.


Enjoy your Friday. Asshole.

1 comment:

nina beana said...

oooh, but we have neil you can borrow.

that is, of course, if you have a record player.