18 September 2006

Strangebrew

Yesterday was a weird day, namely because I chose to watch the Pats' game at a friend's apartment that I have only been to a handful of times. What a weird crew.

He whose apartment it is holds a miserable existence as a fan, in that watching a game with him is like watching the shuttle launch with an astronaut's wife. I have no idea how this kid has any fingernails left. Two of the others in attendance were his brother and father, equally as rabid fans and doubly weird if referring to his father. Hell of a nice guy, but out of his mind for the Pats. I may be mistaken, but I think I saw him do the Arsenio a few times following a Maroney run. Very entertaining, needless to say.

Then there's this one guy that I am not too fond of that showed up. He's that guy that, no matter how many times I meet him, always introduces himself. And every time, I say to him that this has gotta be the fourth of fifth time we've met and he gives some incredulous look and says, "No shit?" And it's not like we've only been acquainted a few times, either. I've been down right hammered with him, talked to girls with him and even hung out soberly a few times. He's just brutally retarded. Anyway, we all had to deal with his inane remarks the whole time which I could have done without. I'll never watch a game in his presence again. You should never watch a meaningful game in the company of people you don't care for. It makes it just a miserable experience.

My saving graces were two of the mainstays in my social life, one being my roommate and other being something of a new old friend. You know, one of those that feels like he's been your boy for years but you've only known for a short time? Yeah, one of those. He showed up absolutely torched, completely unbeknownst to the fact that a dad would be in attendance. Hilarious. But he brought some sort of flatbread pizza which was glorious. Sorry I ate so much of it, Fono. But it was truly a tasty treat. So between Fono's pie and the looks Carl and I exchanged in relation to the aforementioned company, it was totally bearable. And the Pats did win, although it turned out to be a painstakingly stressful victory. I got nothing else.

No comments: