14 September 2006

Ramblin' man/guy


Here's a phrase that I come across all too often that I'm not fond of: hot buttons. It's a phrase we use as recruiters to determine what drives our candidates. But all I can picture is a guy putting on a dress shirt and burning his fingers. I would be so aggrevated if I was in a hurry in the morning and I couldn't rush getting dressed due to scalding hot buttons. That would really grind my gears (Griffin).


I get a lot of guff for wearing a blazer to work every day. We're business casual, which means a button-down shirt (with tepid buttons) and slacks. I prefer the blazer and tie so have a coke and a smile and shut the fuck up. I went to Catholic school for a few years, uniform and all. Maybe that bred me into this jacketed man. But it's not like I'm wearing some sharp, pressed blazer. It's half of a suit I own and the elbows are almost completely worn out from overuse. And it makes me happy.


How about a one-line review on a restaurant? I'm sure you'll be able to find a full review from Rich Levine in an upcoming Improper issue, but here's my dig:


75 Chestnut in Beacon Hill: charming Beacon Hill atmosphere with few options on tap but good options; food is excellent and moderately priced and the help is marvelously young.


I recommend: steamers for an app. and the Pasta Caprese with chicken. The crab cakes are very good, too. Just don't get them as a meal.


What else, what else...I found this interesting: the Northern Colorado punter that stabbed the backup punter in the leg might not play this weekend against North Texas. Might not play. He also might not be trusted by his roommate anymore, who coincidentally has a sweet knife collection under his bed. http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2006/09/14/sports/NA_SPT_FBL_College_Punter_Attacked.php

No comments: