05 September 2006

Hola Carlosito

Carlos Pena walked us off last night, restoring a modicum of belief in me. It's a nice story, whatwith him being a local dude with family in the stands and shit. Not sure how long my infinitesimally small belief will last, but it was a good night nonetheless. David Murphy pinch-ran, Manny looked healthy and Papi begged Tito to let him hit. Me likey. Oh, Tek and Trot were in the lineup, too. Me also likey.

Here's what I don't likey:

1. Tito didn't let Papi hit. Sure, he hadn't been cleared to play but he took BP, fielded grounders and was visibly fired up for the rally in the 9th and the eventual walk-off. Fuck the doctors, let him do what he does.

2. Tina Cervasio's mouth. Has anyone else noticed how gapingly large her pie hole is? I mean it's massive. Otherwise, she's pretty tight. She's certainly no Hazel though.

3. I believe both the WC lead and the AL East lead to be insurmountable. We don't have the pitching, we're still pretty beat up and we're looking up at some good fucking teams in front of us. I haven't mailed it in, but it's a shitty forecast.

Whatever. I'm wondering if my blog addiction will last more than a day.

No comments: