22 June 2007

Worth Its Weight In Water


Water is very heavy. For instance, I got on the scale this morning and weighed in at a solid 185lbs. I then peed, showered and stepped back on the scale. Weight: 182lbs. I never really thought about the weight of a full bladder, but according to wikipedia, a gallon of water weighs over 8 lbs. 8lbs! So I had roughly a third of a gallon of piss in me when I woke up this morning. I guess water must be pretty heavy if we float in it...unless we're absent of oxygen.


Moving onto another topic that involves water, I've been drinking my requisite 128oz of water per day since I started running again. I haven't had this much transparent piss since the famous Case Race of 1999 on the 4th floor of Cance Hall, Umass. I mean, I'm urinating at astronomical clips. And they're all of the cathartic variety, too. You know how sometimes you think you really have to go and you rush to the bathroom, unzip and...and...and...and...drip...drip, drip...drip, drip, drip... Then you get back to your desk and sit down, only to have the final several drops of piss discharge down your leg. This is especially bad when wearing shorts.


Water is pretty cool, though. And useful. I used to be a big proponent of water parks when I was a kid. On all those motorhoming trips to the lovely southern US, we made our way to a few of these parks. My favorite still stands as River Country at Disney World. They had this one water ride that consisted of a tube circuit that you entered sans foam board or something of the like...just you and the plastic tube with water rushing all around you. You hauled ass down the circuit and then it went dark towards what you eventually find out is the end. You begin to see light ahead and all of a sudden, you're airborne and plummeting several feet (it seemed like 30' back then, but it was maybe 10-15') to a deep pool below. I cannot imagine for the life of me why I was allowed to ride this thing, but boy was I thankful.


Here's something else I am thankful for: not being the chosen one in high school gym class to receive the obligatory golden shower after class. I was in a gym class with mostly jocks, but there was this one kid, a pre-pubescent late bloomer, who had the unfortunate distinction of being known as the bald eagle amongst the boys in the class. We had a community-type shower room, with about 12 shower heads in a square. We all had to shower per gym class rules, and without fail, the bald eagle would get the golden shower every time. I admit that I laughed at the time. I never peed on him...there was only one kid who administered the pee bath. He, as you might have guessed, was a complete douchebag. But there was something unmistakably funny about seeing a kid get peed on as he lathered his head up with shampoo; pee-infused shampoo, that is. I believe it's called Pantene Pro-Pee. Heyoooooo.


Hey, what's the story with the saying 'It's water under the bridge'? Is that supposed to mean that you just don't notice it anymore? Or it's passed by, like water under a bridge might do? This phrase is employed when you might have done something bad to someone a while back and you see them again, and when the incident is brought up, the guy tells you that it's water under under the bridge. What might the saying be if he was still irked by the incident? Fire under the bridge? Thus, the bridge is going to eventually catch fire, burn down and send you and him hurdling into a pit of death flames? Maybe there's non-viscus oil under the bridge. No flow...so it's still there and plainly visible. It doesn't pose any imminent threat, but perhaps he's wants to toss you into the oil a watch you try to swim out of it. In this way, the incident wouldn't be out of his mind at all, but he's kind of not pissed anymore. But he might get pissed. Food for thought, nonetheless.


Let's visit the notion Jesus turning water into wine for a quick second. I can see this being a problem for some people if he used his alcoholic alchemy in the wrong situation. Maybe he mistook AA for Alchemists Anonymous and consequently sent dozens of people back into rehab with his little trick. Or in a mixup on the sidelines at a soccer match, he turned the cups of water into wine on account of the coach exclaiming that he needed a drink after his team gave up a few quick goals. Imagine being parched after running for 20 minutes straight, only to have bitter wine hit your throat in place of water. No good. Methinks it easy enough to purchase wine from a liquor store when needed, rather than have it conjured up from what would originally be water. I can't imagine that wine would be any good, anyway. I mean, it's not grape juice. But I guess that would eliminate the mystique of the whole thing.


Well, that's just about enough garbage for this Friday. I'd like to welcome Dunny to the blogger community and hey, perhaps he'll be starting his own adventure in blogging before long. As for me, I'm gonna go turn my water into urine.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Had to leave a post. How are things going??

Anonymous said...

Yea, can't really say that when i finish pissing, i still have some running down my leg when i'm finished. You may want to consult a physician and get your prostate checked out. With any luck, you could end up with a hot nurse who is willing to milk the prostate and recreate the scene from Road Trip with stifler. Not sure why i don't remember the "case race". I can always remember having ultra clear urine during the days leading up to a drug test for a job. I have beaten those things with one weekend prep time, just drinking water constantly. My favorite ride at a water park was the lazy river, where you can just chill in the tube and look at chicks while the current gently carries you around the park's perimeter. ogy.

pacing the cage said...

I think you may have answered this yourself, but for potential clarification, I'm under the impression that "it's all water under the bridge" means that the individual who once was or should've been pissed off at someone else, has forgotten about the incident and moved on, just as flowing water under a bridge. new water = lack of anger. similar to "let bygones be bygones" i suppose.

ponch, that last comment was a bit creepy.

Anonymous said...

Now if I know myself, and I think I do, shouldn't that flag have a big fat maple leaf on it, eh Frenchy! I have some bad news too, I think your issue with pissing all over yourself is genetic. I'm afraid the only thing you can do is invest in some thickish underwear and stick to darker colors. Perusing your little set up here I was quite impressed by the content naturally; ranging from colloquialisms, to pink Ipods, and you even managed a Thierry Henry reference, nice work. You see Frenchy every year....ok every other year, I am drawn to household gatherings, lured by the promise of freshly baked cakes and such. And every now and again like random ships passing on a winters night I see a young man, who bearing a striking resemblence to myself, will ask me a standard set of questions before departing with the exact information he leaves with on a biannual basis, not to be seen or heard from again until another brief encounter years down the road. Of course now having found this, I can partially remedy that situation by gently poking fun of you in relative anonymity until the next time we meet. However, I will say that whatever it is you are doing here is quite well done, and I certainly had a laugh.

Charles said...

1. Farkas

How the hell are you, buddy? Been a long time...We'll have to catch up at Krechmer's or something. Things are great...yourself?

2. Ponch

You might be the worst.

3. Ben

Thanks for that clarification. I think you're onto something there.

4. Anon

Ok, so perhaps that flag should be half maple leaf and half tri-color. As for your anonymity...come clean with it! And I don't recall seeing too many cakes at our functions.

Anonymous said...

C'mon! There were always 1 or 2 cakes at the 4th of July party in NH and the annual Christmas Eve bash.

As for the peeing, I think Ponch is right. You should get a prostate exam, 'cause once the dripping starts, there's no stopping it. Take it from one who's there!! As for having it done by a "hot nurse", don't get your hopes up. This exam is usually done by a Proctologist (who could be female, but not likely "HOT").

Anonymous said...

Chuckles, who knew you had so much to day. Interesting blog. Although, I do agree the pee down the leg is somewhat concerning. A physcian may very well be needed.

Anonymous said...

I love the fact that your pops sided with me. Whats going on Mr. B. He just needs a little more faith in the hot proctologist. You could also end up with the assman.