27 June 2007

Thank You to DVJS

As a tribute to the linked blog of DVJS at the lower left, I am imitating his "Answers To My Questions" segments by posting his answers to my questions. I figured that, since he's away for the summer and not really posting very often, some of us might like to know what his deal is. Thus:




Answers to my questions: DVJS

Full name: Daniel Vincent John Sondreal

DOB: June 2, 1983

Places you've lived: Grand Forks, ND - Reynolds, ND, Grand Forks, ND, and in two months or less Lawrence, KS

Nicknames: DS1, Derny, 3D (Dorm Dean Dan), and am often referred as Dirk or Steve on the basketball court as some say I look somewhat like Dirk while playing like Nash but enjoy being nicknamed Luuuuuuuke on the court as I think I play more like Luke Walton than anyone else.

What was your last purchase? 2 fourteen ounce tins of Dole Pineapple Slices, a six ounce tin of Blue Diamond Whole Almonds, twenty fluid ounces of Glaceau Vitamins Water - Rescue, a sixteen ounce box of Dakota Growers medium shells, a gallon of Land O Lakes Vitamin D milk, three-hundred and five grams of Kashi's 7 Whole Grain Honey Puffs cereal, three-hundred and fifty-tw0 grams of Kashi's Heart to Heart - Honey Toasted Oat Cereal, and five-hundred and sixty-seven grams of Kashi's 7 Whole Grain Nuggets cereal. All purchased at Hugo's #8 on 32nd Avenue South in Grand Forks, ND.

Favorite MLB player: All-time: Ricky Henderson and Jose Canseco Today: Eric Chavez and Barry Bonds

Favorite NFL team: New York Giants

Most often used phrase: "I don't know" and "thank you"

Favorite drink: whole milk

Favorite sport to play: basketball

Favorite sport to watch: NBA basketball

Favorite food: cereal and scalloped potatoes

Most embarrassing moment of your life thus far: Likely the time when my shorts flew off while tubing behind a jet ski and swimming towards the shore with my bum showing a little bit out of the water while having a pontoon boat full of people floating by laughing and asking me to stand up. Furthermore once I arrived to the shore while laying in the water and asking my mom for a pair of shorts or a towel or something she just laughed and went to get the camera thus leading to the photo of me lying in the shallow water with my bum showing while flicking off the camera. After a few minutes someone finally brought me a towel which I wrapped around myself and begun to walk to the shore but tripped and fell onto the sand.

Proudest moment of your life thus far: Being an Uncle to Piper and Paris along with growing a wonderful beard last summer.

Favorite article of clothing: a t-shirt and brown pants.

Who do you most admire? My mom, brother, grandpa and anyone that goes for that they wish for.

What was your dream as a child? To play in the NBA and one day becoming older than my brother in hopes of finally being able to overpower him.

What's your favorite number? zero

When I'm not working, most of the time you'll find me: Doing something basketball related or likely at home.

What trait do you like least in yourself? My low self esteem at times along with my receding hair line on my big head.

What trait do you like most about yourself? That I am honest to others along with being fancy and likable.

What would you do with a million dollars? Many of things but mainly rid myself of financial burdens, visit the grocery store more often, buy another property or two, watch team USA play in the Olympic basketball qualifying games in Las Vegas in late August, and hope the million dollars can do wonders...

Where's the farthest place you've traveled? By automobile on my own: grand forks, nd to fort mcmurray, alberta - automobile with others: grand forks, nd to san diego, ca - by plane: winnipeg, manitoba to orlando, fl - by bus: greenville, sc to minneapolis, mn - by train: fargo, nd to chicago, il - by bicycle: grand forks, nd to reynolds, nd.

Favorite thing your mom makes: Chocolate chip cookies.

Is there anything else you'd like the world to know about Daniel Sondreal? I am hopeful and your guess is as good as mine.

8 comments:

pacing the cage said...

well done, French. the picture of danny looks like an oil painting, though I assume it was pulled off his blog.

Charles said...

Actually, it is an oil painting. It took me 67 straight man hours to make that happen.

pacing the cage said...

can you do a replica of the Son of Man painting for me? you know, the one from the Thomas Crown Affair?

Charles said...

Well, I suppose I can get started on that. That's gonna take some time, though. Check back around Easter.

dvjs said...

the oil painting was wonderful thought but do you think the ladies will think the same?

Anonymous said...

Im trying to find the logic in posting someone else's answers to these questions on your blog. Did this dude die, or is something going on between you two? Why didn't you post YOUR answers to these questions? That is what America wants to read about. I will however prop him for being a giants fan, having zero as a favorite number, and being born the day before me. Was I supposed to post these answers as a blogger right of passage or something? If thats the case, I will. You could probably just fill them all in for me also.
Beetschick, #20, hi hi hi hi.

Anonymous said...

He also kind of looks like Burkle in that picture. Its kind.

Charles said...

Ponch, I don't feel the need to explain the nature of my posts to you at any time, but since you wondered if DVJS died, I shall clarify. First off, read his blog. He posts this genre of blog now and again about his family, friends, etc. I enjoy this very much, so I thought I would give him the opportunity to answer some of the questions himself. If that doesn't make sense to you, then you're high. Wait, you are most certainly high, so nevermind.

Yes, he does look like Burkle there. And why in the hell would I answer my own questions in a blog??