08 June 2007

Honorable Mention

I think I'm going to be hooked on this jersey topic for a few posts. After further contemplation this afternoon, I present 5 more jerseys that very well could have been in the top 5 had I been in a slightly different mood yesterday. There are some real gems in here.



1. Elway Era Broncos jersey

I think they worse these with orange pants. Enough said. I don't like how they went to the new style numbers, like all curvy and shit. These are classics, and very plain and simple. I think my tastes in jerseys are plain and simple, no? Stick to the basics, man. Stick to the basics. (in the words of the immortal coach Bud Kilmer)










2. Michigan Football jersey

Probably the greatest color scheme in the history of sports. But it's not yellow, it's MAIZE. And who has a better helmet that Michigan?








3. Old School Habs jersey

I have a soft spot for the Canadiens, what can I say. I've heard it called sacrilege, but frankly, I've never been a huge hockey fan. I am, however, a fan of Guy LaFleur, Saku Koivu and all things Canadien. Er, French Canadien.




2. Throwback Buffalo Sabres jersey, a la La Fontaine

Again, not a huge hockey fan, but this logo is one of the best of all time. Why they changed, I'll never know. A huge buffalo between two crossed swords is just about as good as it gets, isn't it? And that old color scheme again...it's everywhere!








1. Garvey Era Padres jersey

LOOK AT IT!!! Yellow AND Brown? And a little orange, yes I know. But this is a classic. The Pads don't break these out nearly enough, in my most humble opinion. Picture Tony Gwynn, banging out all those hits in these glorious colors. They had a sick cap, too. Awesome.

No comments: