05 June 2007

Fantasy Yankees

Bowen, full credit to you for the inspiration here. In light of your posting about your fantasy Sox team, here is my New York Yankee lineup, concocted of my most hated players in the game today. I don't have any other pre-requisite for this team other than my hatred for each player. Here goes.

1B - Jason Giambi, Yankees

2B - Brian Roberts, O's

3B - Alex Rodriguez (top vote getter) Yankees

SS - David Eckstein, Cards

LF - Matt Stairs, Jays

CF - Gary Matthews Jr., Angels

RF - Gary Sheffield, Tigers

C - A.J. Pierzynski, ChiSox

DH - Barry Bonds, Giants

SP - Matt Clement, Red Sox; Gustavo Chacin, Jays; Jeff Weaver, Mariners; Brett Myers, Phils; Randy Johnson, D'Backs.

RP - Vinnie Chulk, Giants

Closer - Armando Benitez, Marlins

Manager - Ozzie Guillen, ChiSox


I know a lot of the guys on here are either current or former Yankees and I guess that says something about where most of my hatred stems from. Either way, I'd love to hate this team.

10 comments:

D-Lo said...

I'm going to have to go ahead and agree with you on the catcher position, at least. Alas, I wonder if you could find a spot for Scott Proctor.

Anonymous said...

I would have to find a spot for that dork that's on the Orioles now . . . Kevin Miller . . . Kevin Maller . . . Kevin something. I hate that dude.

I also would have put Ulf Samuelsson at 1st base. I hate that dude too. Ruining the career of one of the all time great Hockey players and inevitably causing the fall of the NHL deserves a spot on the Yankees roster. (He's also responsible for global warming, cancer & Rocky sequels.)

-Gilbert

BeachBum said...

You have to find room for Jose Conseco on this team. Make him the equipment manager if you have to.

Also, Tony LaRussa is a bigger dickwad than Ozzie. At least Ozzie cracks me up once in a while.

Charles said...

Ok, Proctor can definitely have a spot on the roster. I need more relievers anyway. Done.

Millar? Johnny G, I can't justify that one. He was the heart and soul of Cowboy Up! On second thought, sure thing. He's an alternate at first base.

I guess if we made up a roster of an All-Time Hated Team, Canseco might be the captain.

Jum said...

Wow. Millar? Really? He's my boy. Damn.

dvjs said...

bondzai! bondzai daniel-san! bondzai! i have liked barry since i was young and will continue to root for him. bondzai! bondzai french-san! bondzai!

Charles said...

Not really for Millar...I was in a giving mood. How can anyone hate a player who has a video of himself singing "Born in the USA" that Fenway played on the big screen during some games?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heZQLXC3wxk

Sondreal, you're more tapped than I first surmised. Sorry, Sondreal-san. Show me sand the floor.

Anonymous said...

Good call on Jose Conseco as the equipment manager . . . everyone's needles will be fully sterilized and ready for use.

Millar is a big dork, but you're right, I don't hate him. Besides, I don't think I want your charity bitch.

Does roger clemens make the pitching staff? And let us be honest here, yes he's on the red sox and yes it may be taboo to put him on this roster but Curt Schilling has to be one of the most hated people in baseball. Yes his mouth was refreshing the first year, yes he raises a lot of money for charity but the Schilling Machine (I'm including Shonda here) has just about outworn their welcome. That dude is an idiot. Maybe he can be the guy that sweeps the bullpen.


Who said Sheffield? Read this: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=pearlman/070605&sportCat=mlb

-Gilbert

Charles said...

Sick article, Gilbert. Seriously, is there a bigger piece of shit in all of sports than Gary Sheffield?

Yes, Schilling can sweep the bullpen. Actually, he can scrub the toilets. Anyone who campaigns with George Bush should have the worst job possible on my Fantasy Yankees team.

Anonymous said...

Good post.