17 March 2007

Love and Hate, Relationships

I hate Gus Johnson. He's ruining the Xavier-OSU game for as I type.

I love the different faces of the Google logo on holidays, etc. Today, the second 'g' is a shamrock. That's because it's St. Patrick's Day. Mhm, it is. Yep.

I hate people that don't say thank you when you hold a door for them, and further, I hate people who don't hold doors open when they clearly know someone is behind them. Fucking assholes. What, you're too good to hold the door for a second?

I REALLY hate Gus Johnson. Why is he talking like that? For those of you watching the game right now, I know you're slightly annoyed, too. I honestly want to mute the television, but that would be weird, wouldn't it?

I love Dunkin' Donuts iced coffee, especially on a cold day. I also love the billboard about the iced coffee on the Mass Pike that suggests 'being cool' by drinking it. I am cool because I drink iced coffee, bitch. You like that?

I love wearing flip-flops in the winter when walking across the street to get the aforementioned iced coffee...and I like having a little smirk on my face like I know something that no one else does. It's a nice feeling to know that people around are just a little uncomfortable because of that smirk.

Why is this guy smirking? Is it me? Is my fly down? Does he think that my girlfriend here is far too good-looking to be with my goofy ass? I don't know-I wish he would stop smirking.

Then again, people probably don't even notice that I'm smirking and I'm just a presumptuous retard. That's far more likely to be the case.

Damn Gus Johnson. Damn him.

I love Marshall's, and for that reason I must go there now to buy shoes for Nate and Thais' wedding tomorrow. Oh my, Nate really is getting married tomorrow. I think it's really funny that every time I've spoken with him since his engagement, we've run through the Sixteen Candles "mallied" exchange between the Donger and Jake:




Jake Ryan: Just get Samantha, all right?



Donger: She not here.



Jake: Don't jerk me around, man. Where is she?



Donger: She got married



Jake: What?



Donger: She at the church. She getting married to oily bohunk.



Jake: Married?



Donger: Married.



Jake: Married?



Donger: Yeah. Married.



Jake: Married?



Donger: Married. Geez!



Well, maybe not the whole exchange, but at least the "married" part...or mallied. Also, 'oily bohunk' is not nearly used enough in everyday life. Oh, speaking of married...




I'm pretty sure Nate's telling Thais that you have to treat cake like a lady...or to "do it", or something.
















It was a beautiful ceremony, a lot of fun and just an incredible night overall. There's definitely something to be said about small, quaint weddings with just family and a select few friends there...I think 34 people attended Nate and Thais' wedding and it was a perfect number to represent who they are as a couple and as people. The feel of a small wedding is one of comfort and familiarity and it makes you truly appreciate being able to be a part of something as special as marriage. Thanks for letting me a part of it guys...have yourselves a bun.



I decided to add a few more pictures that characterize the night...and also, one picture of La and my nephew Aaron/Double-A/little man/A-ron who is doing his best Godfather impression. I kind of just felt like he needed to grace my blog for once...



"You take a picture of me? i take your girl to be my own, you undahstand? I can be a bad man if I want to, just remembah that. I am the godnephew."









And finally...one more picture. Look, I just decided that this needed to be a tributary entry in many ways...the first part, not so much...but I started writing this one on Saturday morning so it's a bit helter-skelter. Anyway, the last photo is of Nate, his little sister Maggie, me and his brother Josh...look at his pink hankie. And by the way, that's a velvet blazer. I'm putting this picture up there because at one point, Nate's mom referred to me as her third son...and subsequently referred to Nate as my mom's fourth son...I don't look like a Collins very much though.

No comments: