07 March 2007

Anyone? Anyone?



Why are there so many fruity metaphors for women? Perhaps your girl is a real peach, or maybe she's got some melons on her...could be she's just the apple of your eye. I like the animal references that are used for women...you know, she's a real fox, she's a minx, I bet she's a fucking cougar, oh good lord she's a beast, she's a cow...some lesser known references that have come out of my friend's mouths are sasquatch, giraffe, lion and bigfoot. Oddly, I think they were all referring to the same girl...eeeeeeee.


I was 'that guy' this morning at the toll booth. I got about a thousand yards from the booth and realized that I didn't have any money. So I scrounged as much as I could while slowly approaching the attendant and I came up with about 55 cents. I then spent a good 3 minutes looking around my entire car to find that last 45 cents to complete the dollar. I was actually so mad at myself that I tried to go slow enough out of the toll so that the guy behind me could pass alongside me and see that I was apologizing...because I know that if I was him, I'd be pulling some Spy Hunter shit at that point.


Has anyone ever known anyone cool that's also named Doug?


Anyone read or hear about the plane crash that Rulon Gardner was in recently? If not, here: http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/news/story?id=2789548&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab6pos1 This is some pretty astonishing shit...I was fucking freezing last night on my walk from dinner back to La's apartment...all of about a hundred yards. Gardner and his buddies had to swim for 2.5 HOURS in 44 degree water before spending the night in 25° temperatures on a deserted beach. I officially feel like a douchebag for complaining about the cold weather after being outside for 2 minutes.

2 comments:

Jum said...

1. You being from Boston and all, you don't think Flutie is cool?

2. Ironic that you post a picture of Doug Funny (Funnie?) because no more than 18 hours ago we were having a conversation at work where we agreed that the unspoken end to every Doug episode was him beating off to Patty Mayonnaise's yearbook picture while whistling the theme song to his own show.

Charles said...

Yeah, Flutie's cool enough. I'm just really fed up with this dude Doug that I work with. He's a real dipshit.