23 March 2007

Food


My go-to at Taco Bell is a Crunchwrap Supreme, Nachos Bel Grande (sans beans) and a Meximelt. I don't know who the genius behind the Crunchwrap is, but that guy should be in some sort of Hall of Fame. Joining him there would the creators of the following food items, in my book:


The three-way beef (cheese, bbq sauce and mayo): Such an unreal combination, but the beef HAS to be rare. If it's well done, you're done. You might as well throw a wool sock on a bun.


The McGriddle: I'm realizing now that this is the second time this week that I mention the McGriddle, and that scares me a bit. But this thing is a little bundle of joy. Christ, you've got pancakes with syrup, eggs, a side of sausage all in a fucking sandwich. Game over, french toast sticks. You've been used.


Tons of Fun Burger: If you've eaten this epic burger at the Cheesecake Factory, then you probably agree that it's a goddamn work of art. Somehow it captures the ingenuity of the Big Mac, but turns it into this gourmet burger that leaves you bloated, drooling and in the fetal position after eating it...but smiling. Hey, it's tons of fun. Come on now.


The Crunchwrap Supreme: The aforementioned...it's a giant taco sandwich, and it turns me on.


The Ellen's Celebrity Crepe: I don't expect anyone except Richie to understand my love affair with this crepe, formerly sold at the Paris Creperie on Beacon Hill in Boston. It's been discontinued since new ownership took over and we'll never step foot in that place ever again, but this crepe was a wet dream, my friends. Grilled chicken, broccoli, gooey cheese and the unforgettable, signature honey drizzle...all in a warm crepe. But no matter...Ellen's dead, so fuck her and her stupid crepe. I hate them both. Ok, I don't. I love them. I just miss them and wish they'd come back.


Lay off me, I'm starving.


4 comments:

richlevine said...

not to add salt to your wound, but you forgot to mention that the Ellen's Celebrity crepe was also garlic infused... actually, i guess that's more adding garlic to the wound (insert laugh track)

Anonymous said...

nice comment rich. i feel a little betrayed that amherst got no love in this post. not even one slice at antonios? I have never eaten a mcgriddle. pretty much swore off mcdonalds and BK for life as i would like to live past 40. glad "you've been used" came out though. osama bin used. no good?
-ponch

Charles said...

Easy Craddock. I have pretty much rid my diet of all fast food, but these are just legendary items on any menu. As for Amherst food, I'll eventually be dedicating an entry to the haunts of the old town...lead by the incomparable chicken/bacon slice at Antwans. Chomp, chomp, chomp...you might be the best.

Anonymous said...

incomparable indeed.