02 September 2008

Overheard

This is unreal. I'm sitting here at Kinko's in Santa Monica and currently, this is what I'm overhearing. I'm trying to keep up with this one-sided phone conversation. But I'm laughing so hard that it's extremely difficult. Incorporate about a 10 second pause between each statement you read.

"David Hansen told me that his father is Jewish."

"David Hansen had a party thirty years ago that I went to with Mark Jackson. There was alcohol there but I didn't drink any of it."

"It was David Hansen's party. It was here that David Hansen told me his father is Jewish. There was a lot of alcohol there but I didn't have any. You can ask Mark Jackson, I bet he'd tell you."

"I went to Westminster Elementary with Mark Jackson. We've been friends for thirty years. Westminster Elementary is on Abbot Kinney and some other street. But I went to a party at David Hansen's with Mark Jackson many, many years ago and there was a lot of alcohol there. I didn't have any alcohol though. You can probably call Mark Jackson and ask him."

"David Hansen told me his father is Jewish."

"David Hansen told me his father is Jewish."

"David Hansen had a party in Santa Monica that I went to with Mark Jackson. I didn't know whose party it was until I got there, but once I got there I learned it was David Hansen's house. David Hansen had the party and there a bunch of kids from Santa Monica High School there, drinking alcohol. I didn't drink alcohol there, though. Mark Jackson will tell you that if you call him."

"I saw David Hansen on the 3rd St. Promenade and he told me that his father is Jewish."

"David Hansen told me his father is Jewish."

I can't keep up with this anymore. It's too much. Who is this guy talking to? He sounds like a fucking parrot, for Pete's sake. David Hansen's father is Jewish. He told me that. David Hansen told me that. I didn't drink any alcohol at David Hansen's party. You can ask Mark Jackson.

4 comments:

BeachBum said...

I just called Mark Jackson and he said that he does remember going to a party hosted by David Hansen. He told me that there was alcohol there and that he had a shitload of it and doesn't remember much about it.

He also wondered why anyone gave a shit whether David Hansen's father is Jewish or not.

Anonymous said...

you're a rabid antisemite!

Jum said...

I don't know how reliable that David Hansen is, HE says his father is Jewish, but I heard otherwise.

Jonathan said...

I was at that party, there was alot of alcohol and kids from Santa Monica....I don't remember much, but David Hansen was drunk, snd was going OFF about his dad Being Jewish...Mark Jackson was there He was wearing a Pacers shirt and flopped anytime bumped him on the way to the keg....WEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRDD