05 September 2008

Stage VI, Part One

Our last leg of the trip...finally. In my opinion this was the best leg simply because of all the stuff we got to do/see/eat/smell. Here's how it went:
Part I: downtown San Francisco. Awesome city. It's widely known that Bostonians love San Francisco and I guess I now know why. You get some of the same feels, only over a much grander sprawl. Unfortunately for us, we were only in the city for a handful of awake hours so our exposure was quite limited. But I'd say that we made the best use of our time that was possible. Enjoy.
Bay Bridge from the car.

AT&T Park, Home of the San Francisco Giants.

More AT&T...


...and one more...AT&T & Me. Aesthetically, this is a beautiful park. I've always been a jealous fan of McCovey Cove. I want to blast an opposite field homer into the ocean, don't you?

Dottie's Cafe on Geary St. Place is UNREAL. We had the pleasure of sitting at the countertop, due to the fact that we were in line at 7:10am for a 7:30 opening. We watched the grillmaster/owner flip flapjacks, spin out omelettes and scrambles, hash out the potatoes and poach eggs for benedicts. It was awesome, the food was insanely good and I even admitted that the dude made a better scramble than I do. Listen, you can't fuck with my breakfast prowess. I'll spin you off a scramble with spinach, mushrooms, shrimp, goat cheese and hot sauce that'll have you singing my name all the way to bottom of your plate. I digress...Dottie's is a MUST GO if you're in San Fran. I recommend the smoked trout scramble.

Financial District

Golden Gate Bridge

Me and Lauren at the park that precedes the wharf. You can't see them in the photo, but Danny Tanner is behind us, picnicking with Michelle and DJ. Stephanie couldn't make it because she was on the phone with a boy. How rude.

The start of the wharf with the Bay Bridge in the backdrop.

Part's II and II of the Final Stage are to follow very shortly, so check back if you have any interest in seeing UC Santa Cruz or a lovely photo from the Gilroy Garlic Festival.

4 comments:

BeachBum said...

There better be a banana slug picture as part of the UCSB tour or things will get ugly.

Jum said...

San Fran is in my top 5 favorite cities in the U.S. Fantastic.

I enjoyed the Full House caption as well.

Anonymous said...

Hey Chadwiuck, You are the most verbose human that I have ever read. I don't say heard, because when you were a snivilling little 7th grader in my Den with nice Dan, you said nada , Zip, nihil, ne rien jamais, vous etes un bete noir.
anywat Iam new to this blog business. What a monstrous time comsumer????So blog me some time jus to see if it works. My blog name is MelofBev

Charles said...

MelofBev? Identify yourself please. I'm confused by your comment...7th grade?