04 July 2007

Ok, I Lied

I guess I couldn't stay away from ye olde blog before leaving for PR. I've decided that I want to chronicle today's holiday Sox game a la Bill Simmons...here goes.



12:57pm - just threw in a load of laundry. I best make sure that I remember to switch the load at 1:30. This might be a boring post, I feel.



1:11 - Coco triples to start the game...a ball down the first base line. The Tampa rightfielder approaches the ball like he has an egg on a spoon...I think it's Greg Norton. Coco reaches third with relative ease.



1:13 - Cora bunts down to first on the first pitch from Edwin Jackson, ensuring the Sox get Coco in and take the early lead. Hang on, this isn't Beckett against Kazmir...Jackson is 1-8 with an astronomical ERA. Well, a run is a run.



1:25 - Raul Casanova homers over the monster, 1-1. It's par for the course that Wakefield gives up a homer or two, but as long as he keeps men off base, they're not too damaging. I just noticed the Timmy's belly is more rotund as time goes on in his lengthy career. Gotta love Wakefield.



1:28 - Laundry time. Woohoo.



1:30 - Not ready yet. Here's Ellsbury's first at-bat...have I mentioned that I love this kid? Today marks his first start in left field, as he's taking Manny's spot. Grounds out to short, but had a good at-bat. It's so awesome that he makes every play a close one on ground balls. Keep hustling, Jacoby.

No comments: