20 April 2007

War


ri·val·ry (rvl-r) n.


The state or condition of competition or antagonism.


I gotta go with antagonism as the operative word in this particular definition of rivalry, as provided by the good Mr. Webster. Chapter I, Verse I of Red Sox v. Yankees, 2007, begins in t-minus 2 hours and 50 minutes.


I don't think any of us need a storyline for this series; take your pick with the amalgam of asterisks that have attached themselves to this worldly rivalry. I'm salivating for every A-Rod plate appearance; every Papelbon sighting; every Yankee error; every brush-back and eventual hit batsman; every, single pitch that Daisuke throws on Sunday...my fingers are trembling right now, so I'm gonna go ahead and perform a few pregame rituals before I head out to the old ballpark for the first time in this young and promising season.


War is upon us. Hoo-fucking-rah.

2 comments:

Jum said...

Throw a slice of pizza at Gay-Rod.

D-Lo said...

Maybe...
... Mariano Rivera should learn to throw something other than a cutter; perhaps a Gyroball.

... A-Rod should bat left-handed.

... Jason Varitek will hit >.250 this year.

... Dustin Pedroia needs more seasoning in the minors and Willy Mo should learn to play some 2B.

... Kevin Youkilis' facial hair is impervious to flying pizza pies.

... the perma-blisters on Josh Beckett's right hand are giving him some sort of unfair advantage.