26 March 2008

And I'm Spent

Three blogs in three days is bordering on insanity for me at this point. In fact, I think I'm still at work for the sole purpose of banging out a blog entry. To tell you the truth, I had some good stuff running through le brain last night but it's gone. Poof. Just like that. But I got some interesting emails today about the fucking crazy comeback that UMass made against Syracuse yesterday in the NIT (No one's Interested Tournament? No good? Took me a while to come up with that one). Down 14 with under 8 to play and they pulled it out. Go. Go U. Go Umass. Go U - Mass. Alums will appreciate that cheer, as will mon pere.

Today I was in the urinal at work and I noticed that guy a few urinals over was in an interesting pose. I'm wondering if any men out there have seen the likes of 'the croucher' at the urinal. He stood there, knees bent, head nearly in the urinal itself, seemingly having a battle with the stream of his urine. I know, you're thinking that I probably had myself too long of a look to be mentioned in the hetero crowd anymore, but I was a bit taken aback by his stance and his gritty disposition. I mean, he was really fighting it, and his stance was one that suggested that his life depended on this evacuation. If I can analogize this scenario, picture a guy bending down with his head forward. He's got a beer in his hand that he just can't get the cap off of and he's really, really thirsty. That was this guy at the urinal. Has anyone been this guy before? God knows we've all taken a painful piss before, but this was something extraordinary.

Last Friday I bought a can of Tab soda. I didn't buy it because I wanted to drink it; rather, I bought it because it was Tab. Who sells Tab??? I'll tell you who. The Middle Eastern market on the corner of Broad and State St. in Boston. If you should venture in there and attempt to purchase a Tab, be sure to exclaim "I can't fucking BELIEVE this shit...TAB!" as you hand the cashier your money.

I gotta get out of here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It stands for Not In Tournament. Thats what I have always known it as. Umass is in it every f'ing year now so I should know. I got excited about that comeback for about 3 seconds until I remembered it was the NIT and no one gives a rat's ass. It has been very difficult for me to watch our epic fall from grace after arriving on the scene as a naive freshman and witnessing the single greatest season in Umass hoops history, including a final four appearance and Camby taking home Naismith player of the year honors. I always root against Calipari now and curse the day he left us for the big show, and left our once proud program as a distant memory of the top 25. When will the mediocrity end? When does a comment qualify as its own mini-blog?

Anonymous said...

So you seem to talk about urinals a lot of "observing" people in the bathroom. This leads me to 1 of 2 conclusions. Either (1)you have some sort of delusional, unhealthy obsession with staring at dudes at urinals or (2) you have some physiological condition that necessitates you to be in the bathroom 18 times a day. In either case I suggest you see some sort of doctor, either a pyschiatrist or a urologist.

Jum said...

Go for the 4 blogs in 4 days.

Anonymous said...

I sincerely appreciate your mentioning the ol' UMass cheer! I used to love hearing that at football games in McGuirk Stadium, and while watching them in the "Final Four" (was that during the last Ice Age?).

As for me, NIT would translate to "Not Into This".