22 October 2007

World Series

Let's have a little fun with some anagrams that we can get out of World Series. Here goes nuthin;.

Worried Less - I don't know if I've worried less about a series, and not that this is a bad thing. But I was truly concerned heading into the Cleveland series because of their lineup and their #1 and #2 starters, respectively. I am, however, worried about Colorado's potent attack and their level of confidence heading into this thing. It's not like they don't know what adversity is, or that they don't know how to play with their back up against the wall. I guess the two clubs are similar in that regard.

Weird Losers - For the Rockies, it might be a little weird for them if they should lose because they really haven't felt what that is in a long time. So they could be in for some weirdness. For the Sox, it could be weird in a whole different light. I mean, they just came off of another epic comeback in a best-of-7 and they're riding high. A loss in this 2007 WS would be sobering for both teams, because I don't think either has that 'lucky to be here' outlook that some teams might. They're legit. I can't believe I'm saying the Rockies are 'legit', though. A month ago, they weren't even in the picture. Weird.

Dowel Risers - In this case, a dowel would be the metaphor for bat. In Coors Field, there should be plenty of rising. I think it's totally realistic to think that this series could produce the most home runs ever in a 7-game series. By the way, I have no idea what that record is. I can't find it online, either. Little help here?

Wireless Rod - I don't know, it sounded cool I guess.

Sliders, Re: Ow - see Jonathan Papelbon's 1 and 1 offering to Ryan Garko last night. Indeed, ow. That thing was sick, gross, nasty, ridiculous, unhittable, the list goes on. I reiterate: Pap is a crazy bastard. I love it.

No comments: