10 October 2007

MishMash (cont.)

6. If you're wearing an orange dress shirt...wait, let me start over. DO NOT wear an orange dress shirt to an interview. Seriously, I don't know what part of one's brain contributes to fashion sense but DEAR LORD, sometimes people are whacked out. The same applies to anything brightly colored...don't do it. You may think, hmm, this plum-colored poplin sure looks nice with this gold tie. Well, you're wrong buddy. Dead-fucking-wrong.

7. This one is more of a 'help French out' mishmash...any suggestions for me as I watch Game 1 of the ALCS on a plane? What's acceptable here? I probably won't be buying $5 Coors Lights, so there won't be any drunken commentary. However, is there a ceiling for me as far as yelling? Cursing? Cheering? Can I high-five other Sox fans on the flight?

8. My friend started at the company I work for today. I referred him and they hired him, so he's kind of my responsibility in the early going. You know, if he turns out to be a total disaster, then it's totally my bad because I vouched for him. I'm not too concerned about him but he does tug on the occasional cigarette. Smoking is kind of 'gauche' 'round these parts, so I hope he isn't cast out before he's accepted.

9. Gauche? Can I even say that?

10. I got nothing else. My head hurts.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why does your head hurt? That seems to be a recurring malady for you these days.

As for cheering on the plane, just be sure to check with the flight attendant to see just how much you can get away with. This one should be a beauty - Beckett vs. Sabathia - and probably a low-scoring affair. I am hopeful that the Sox will have the upper hand in this game early, then cruise to the ninth. Perhaps we may even see another complete game by Josh.

Have a great time in CA! Hope those two teenagers don't rile you too much. I also hope that they aren't Angels fans. That could be a disaster for you.

As for the fashion tips RE: brightly colored shirts/ties/blouses, etc., being worn to an interview - or anywhere for business purposes, a real NO NO! Save that stuff for gatherings with your family, i.e., Easter, July 4th, Thanksgiving, Christmas. Or, better yet, don't even blow your hard-earned money on them.

Jum said...

As I am typing this, I am wearing a bright green button down with khakis. Granted, I'm not doing any interviews today, but I like my bright green shirt, and have received quite a few compliments on it. Chicks dig pastels. Chicks also dig the long ball.

Anonymous said...

I agree with the pastel love. Interviews, nay. Your seat on a plane is a sacred spot. I want complete respect from my neighbors so I try to give it. Don't be that guy, gee.