02 April 2008

French Knows Best

The comment section recently has been an interesting place for the faithful to discuss my well being and such. As someone who prefers to make most of his own decisions in terms of what he does on a daily basis, I feel the need to address some of those comments. note: I say 'most' decisions because there are decisions that are joint decisions which I make with La and for the most part, I like her to have her way with stuff. Again, French knows best after all.



Hey Bowen, I actually think your idea about getting together on lonely weekends whilst my girl is out cavorting with the Wives Club is a sensational idea and I will add that maybe my Pop can actually join us sometime. I mean, he's a faithful Daily Diversions reader and French reader so the company of the three might make for some interesting conversation. Although I fear that should a conversation revolving around religion arise, things could get a bit dicey...quickly.



Let's put this out there: I have zero tolerance for alcohol anymore. For the most part, I'm as good as comatose after three or four drinks and from that point on it's moot for me to continue to consume alcohol unless I just really, really want the caloric intake on a given night. As Lauren puts it, I get that look in my eye suggesting that I'm not all there. That being said, Bowen, I can either practice for our impending afternoon binges or I can just put you in charge of my care as we consume PBR's. Or Stellas. Mind you, I liken that to taking care of an 90 year-old man with an intense knee problem. And he's drunk. And he has Alzheimers. And he doesn't speak nor see well.

I realize that my lack of tolerance may not be too appealing to many people out there, namely my girlfriend, any guy that might want to hit the town and have a few pops, my father, etc. But I still love beer, so let's not go getting all crazy here and suggest that I give up beer. I really doubt that mon pere was suggesting this at all, but he is right in advocating my new lifestyle which has made me my current fit French self. And I actually went to a bar last night with La and didn't consume any alcohol...just water. Granted I had just come from another hot yoga session and the thought of alcohol after that is sickening. So JB, we're on. You tell me when you want to share a case and a sure-to-be-forgotten conversation. You have yourself a date.

Umass v. Ohio State, NIT Championship.

7pm this evening.

Go.

Go U.

Go Umass.

Go - U - Mass.

I'd also like to throw a congratulations out there to our boy Youk, who set the Major League record for consecutive games without an error at first base. Meanwhile, he's tearing it up offensively as well. I don't know how encouraging the first few games of the season should be but I like what I see out of several players so far. Lester looked mint last night. You know what, it's 4 games. I'll save it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty bold title on this one wouldn't yee say. I'm pretty sure I can remember that look in your eye as far back as freshman year. Stella is glorious. It's so good when it hits your lips. I'll just do one. would you say mintilious even?

BeachBum said...

My heavy boozing days are well behind me, too, although I still have nights where I can down them with the best. Not sure why some nights are better than others but I think it has a lot to do with what I've eaten before the night starts.

son pere is always welcome as is Stella. Love her.

Jum said...

Don't cut your Sox analysis short just cause it's only 4 games in. I've been patiently awaiting some sort of baseball talk from you for a while now.