08 April 2008

Strange Bedfellows

As I laid in the California King-sized bed of a Sox player last night, watching 'Go Diego Go' with his 3 year-old step son, I couldn't help but wonder...how soon can I get in front of a computer so I can write about this in my next blog entry?

Yeah, it was totally weird and amazing at the same time but I made it through. In case anyone was wondering the sheets are white, the spread is white and there's some light green accents. But it's pretty simple in terms of color...and ONLY color.

Here are a few things that I learned last night during the last several hours of La's workday, during which I was able to hang out and play with a 3 year-old:

1. No matter how big the tv, if you can't work the remote/cable it's a fucking moot point.

2. Fool-proof way to feel like a kid again: spin around with your arms out for 30 seconds, as fast as you can, and then run until you fall down. Try not to barf.

3. No matter if you have xBox 360, PS3 and Wii, if you can't work the remote it's a fucking moot point.

4. The universal color for money according to a 3 year old is geen, not green. Also, grass is geen as is everything green. Geen, not green.

5. After spending most of our time in a giant room filled with toys (like similar to the movie 'Big'), it occurred to me that my attention span within a room such as this is less than that of a 3 year-old. I couldn't get to the next toy fast enough.

5a. And after all that toy stuff, my favorite toy remains the nerf basketball hoop. There's nothing as fun as seeing how many different things you can throw into the hoop from all angles.


That's a pretty good synopsis of my night yesterday. Since we couldn't get the game systems working, it wasn't possible for us to play Rock Band together. But that's in our future, for sure.

A few odds 'n' ends that popped into my head yesterday:

If Julio Lugo can keep up his error pace, he'll end the season with 96 errors. Whatever, he's a clubhouse guy, right? I hate him. Can't we just plug Jed Lowrie in there and hope for the best? I mean, what could really go that wrong by doing that? Richie predicted that Youk's errorless streak would end on a low throw from Lugo and I couldn't agree more. I'd like to predict that Lugo will be run down by a 2005 Saturn Ion over the next couple days...he won't be harmed per se, but he will be hypnotized and made to think he's a Yankee. That oughta do it.

I know that pretty much all of you are entrenched in baseball and the C's now, but let's not forget about the classic original 6 matchup between the B's and the Habs. The last time this matchup occurred, the tables were flipped...Les Canadiens were the 8 seed and the Thornton B's were the 1. Do I need to remind you how that series turned out? 2 words: Saku Koivu.

Opening Day at Fenway today. Three cheers for the harbinger of Spring...the REAL harbinger of spring. The robin can kiss my ass.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

But, alas! The beloved "B's" have had little success against the Habs during the regular season - any reason to believe the playoffs will be any different?

Sounds like you had a "fun" time with the 3-year old last night. Now, don't tell me a 3-year old sleeps in a king-sized bed!?! Jeez! must be nice.

As for the remote, it should be easy enough to figure out. Did you ask the 3-year old? Kids seem to have a pretty good grasp of technology these days.

kos said...

Habs all the way and I'm not even french or from Canada. It's about time they were a top seed. Penguins are still going to win the east but lose to the sharks in the finals. That is my prediction.

BeachBum said...

Wait! I thought the NHL folded two years ago!

Anonymous said...

If you're a Bruins fan, it (NHL) folded way before 2 years ago!