08 August 2007

Many Happy Returns

Things have been a bit of a whirlwind lately, thus I have been absent from the blogworld. But this is my short-awaited return, in all its grandeur.

I regret to report that this must be a short re-entry, as my morning is jam-packed with work stuff...hey, when's the last time I uttered words with kind of message? I can't even remember. Anyway...the Sox are now a mere 5 games up on the Yankees. Props to the Jays for beaning A-Rod last night, but the least they could have done was turn it into an all out melee, complete with old men being tossed to the ground and a few cleat/face collisions. No such luck, and the pinstriped parade continued on its merry way to another victory. The good thing is that we still have 6 meetings with the Bombers before the end of September. I'm confident in head-to-head battle; our pitching is much better, so it should be able to cool their red-hot bats and give our offense enough of a window to get to the less-than-stellar Yankee bullpen.

But their offense is scary good right now. You look at the heart of that lineup and it's very difficult to go through it and say, "we get a break in this part here..." There are no breaks. And most of them are just on fire, allowing the Yanks to reel off win after win. But come on folks, we all knew this was coming and it's hardly a shock that here we are in early August, biting our nails and watching our blood pressures rise with fervor. But this is how it's meant to be...how it should be. What would August and September be without a pennant race in the AL East? Phone calls to my mother wouldn't be the same without the occasional yet imminent "well, your father is about to go ballistic here..." The next one of those shant be far off.

To Be Continued...

3 comments:

Jum said...

Pennant races are fine and all, but I would be ok with the 14 game lead again.

Anonymous said...

I was in withdrawal way up there in Maine. Couldn't get the Sox games, hell, I couldn't even get cell phone reception up there. Does Verizon even know that Maine exists? Hello, Verizon, can you hear me now???? I get back to civilization to find that "the Rocket" was given a 5-game suspension for beaning Alex Rios, and skipper Joe Torre a 1-game break. But at least the lead is heading back in the right direction (up). Bring on the pinstripers, we'how 'em!

Glad to hear that the new job is giong well. Nice to be busy at work for a change, eh?

Anonymous said...

Easy son pere. I love the nervousness coming from you guys. Don't worry, the pats will probably win the super bowl again.