22 May 2007

Updates

My dad emailed me the other day, asking who the hell all the links were on my blog page. he said he knew who richlevine and Ponch were, but the others weren't clear. So I explained. I suppose it's time to explain who's linked to this here blog and the reasons behind these lucky few being linked.



Westgate
Rich Levine
Ponch
Nina Gilbert
MPB Music Productions
Jim Hammen
Enzymatics
Enjoy Schneweis
DVJS
Bowen

I had to do that so I knew what order they were in, sorry. Ok, Westgate is the link to the myspace page of a band that consists of three of my closest friends from back in Bev (Beverly, MA, my hometown). You can listen to some of their tunes here and find some pretty funny pictures as well. Rich Levine is a link to the blog URLB, belonging to the inane, off-the-mark but occasionally logical brain of another close friend of mine, Richard A. Levine. Although he doesn't really give a shit about his blog as of late, since he posts about every time the Yankees win. Well, okay..a little more often than that. Ponch is the link to the severly lacking blog of my first college roommate, Adam Ponchick. I guess the only thing he ever had to say involved why waking up in the morning sucks so bad for him. This has been the same tune he has sung since 1998, by the way. Perhaps it's time to put down the bong, pal. Nina Gilbert links you to another blog of a friend of mine who happens to be the wife of the aforementioned Gilbert...aforementioned a while back and here and there. Nina is probably the only 'sure thing' in the blogging world, as I am fairly certain she writes every day. Kudos to you, Neener. Snaps as well. Also, La and I will be in LA this weekend, so we can't make Gray's raincheck BBQ/Bday party. Should I mail her gift or wait until we come up there in, say, 2011? MPB Music Productions is a link to my brother Mike's website. Here, you can sample his music and read about who he is and what he's done. If you happen to like the sample of the beeps and horn blows, I'll send it to you on your cell phone. It's a funny ring to have. Jim Hammen is the first of three links on here to blogs of people I have never met. Both, subsequently, are from North Dakota. I know, really fucking weird...never thought I'd know anyone from North Dakota. DVJS and Schneweis are the other ones...all offer entertaining, yet slightly off-kilter entries about everything from basketball and shoes to what-if's and buffets in ND. Enjoy. Enzymatics belongs to my other brother, as it is the link to his company'z website. There's nothing overly exciting about it but you can learn about him (Chris Benoit) and his newest venture. Finally, Bowen...last and most of all, least. There's really nothing more to say about his blog. Nah, not really. His is as good a read as any of the other mindless, tangential bloggery you'll find out there. But it is most fun to break his balls whenever possible. Cheers, big John.

I think that about explains it all.

On the topic of 'trying too hard', I think Subway should give up on its other ventures that stray away from the traditional, cold sub that they're so adept at making. They offer personal pizzas now, and I'm not really sure why they've chosen this endeavor. Their whole thing with these is that you can 'personalize it', or choose your own toppings as you see fit. What a novel idea! Not sure I can recall another place that serves pizza wherein you can actually choose what you want on the thing. Thanks for really putting yourselves out there, Subway.

Hope your Tuesday is going along a litte more smoothly than mine. To those of you undergoing something about as pleasing as a catheter on this day, I wish you a speedy road back to feeling good. You know who you are.

3 comments:

dvjs said...

subway is on the rise with their jared and tony parker commercial. there was nothing chessy about his performance at all.

Anonymous said...

Gee, I hope your Dad knew who MPB Productions and Enzymatics were, especially since he works for the latter.

Charles said...

I guess I should have added that he knew MPB, and Enzymatics is a new addition to the links.