25 May 2007

Regrets

Thanks to Richie for pointing out to me that David Ortiz will be 32 years old in November and, even if he's to average 50 HRs and 200 hits over the next 6 seasons, he'll be short of the 2500 hits and 550-600 homers that I have projected.

Nonetheless, I still maintain my belief that Ortiz will continue to run rampant over AL pitching over the course of the next however-many seasons and find himself a spot in the baseball Hall of Fame. Call it optimism, call it admiration and love for one of the game's greatest...but I believe he will belong in Cooperstown when all is said and done. It is scary to think, however, that a guy like Bert Blyleven didn't make the Hall with his 270 or so career wins as a pitcher. But many analysts are putting Smoltz in the Hall right now, so who knows what will happen with Ortiz.

That's all from here for a few days. I'm off to LA with La.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course Smoltz makes it over Bert Blyleven. Bert has 70 more wins than Smoltz right now, but Smoltz has 150 saves. If you don't understand the numbers, than your retarded.

Charles said...

Yes, I am aware of the numbers. And it would actually be THEN YOU'RE retarded, not 'than your' retarded, as you have so thoughtfully remarked. Way to keep anonymous, though. I like your gumption.