02 February 2009

3rd Floor Cance

I have several partial blogs in my inventory here, so forgive me for posting multiple entries on the same day. And don't forget to read one more down after this one...I just put that one up a minute ago. No, you don't HAVE to read it, I'm just saying...listen, do what you want, man. No need to get flip.

I'd actually suggest reading the previous entry first, since these are chronological and all. I guess reunions are the theme of the day.

I went up to Oakland/San Francisco back on the 29th to see Ponch. I hadn't seen him in a few years, but we'd kept in constant contact for the most part. I had planned on driving up to Hayward to spend a long weekend with him...meet his girl and hang out with his roommates. Basic stuff. What I wasn't prepared for was seeing Jason Burkle, who lived across the hall from me in my freshman year at Umass. Him I hadn't seen since 1999...very little contact as he moved out here right after college, pretty much. It's just amazing how friends can pick up almost directly where they left off after you get the requisite "what have you been up to"s out of the way.

I spent a good part of the weekend with Burkle as Ponch had some school shit to tend to and girlfriend time to partake in. Burkle showed me around Rockridge/North Oakland, Berkeley, a bit of Alameda. We went to a huge flea market/antique show and shot the shit for about 3 hours as we perused other people's old but interesting shit. He collects vintage boomboxes, so there was a bit of an initiative there. Anyway, following the weekend I headed down to Monterey where he lives and spent a couple days there. It was phenomenal. Immaculate coastline with rocky outcroppings, big breaks, lots of surfers and amazing sunsets. We kayaked around the bay on the first day and saw a bunch of seals....one of which followed us nearly the whole trip. It was pretty incredible.

Anyway, enjoy the shots from the weekend below.

Me and Burkle at District in San Francisco


Me and Ponch, same locale.

And finally, the three of us back together after 10 years. Weird shit, I'm telling you. But fucking awesome.

4 comments:

BeachBum said...

No offense, but these last two posts make me want to know the old French. If you ever get back to smoking weed, playing pool every day and hitting on random girls give me a call.

Anonymous said...

Aaah yes. That was the French I raised. Sorry son pere. Have you seen my wine fridge? Heeeeeeeyyy guy.

Chuckwagon said...

To BeachBum and Ponch: I think the present "French" is much improved over the "old French", but then, I'm only "son pere", so what do I know?

BeachBum said...

I agree, CW, he is improved, but is he as much fun?